Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Starting Your C-7 Group, Part 3

This is part 3 of our "Starting Your C-7 Group" series. Part 1, Part 2

Being Authentic, Flexible and an Anchor

By nature, I am a planner. I prefer things to be organized and on schedule. Therefore, I go into my time with the girls with a plan. But I have learned to hold my plans loosely, and yield them to the Lord. Praying to hear His still, small voice and be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit, I sometimes see “my” lessons change. My prayer is simply to be available for what the girls need. As I flex and flow in the power of the Holy Spirit, we sometimes go to a different topic.

Greet the girls as they come in. Genuinely ask how they are doing. Ask for prayer requests. Listen with your heart and lead where He tells you to go. Our girls need us to be authentic. Most importantly, they can tell if we aren’t ‘walking our talk’. Be the ‘real deal’. They will learn to trust your transparent heart. They need us as an anchor to model Christ in this tumultuous world.

We'd love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment with your ideas, thoughts, or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment