Friday, December 3, 2010

Red Flags and Deal Breakers...Some Personal Thoughts

These past few weeks we have been talking about dating.

It made me think about all those couples that took things too far and ignored the “red flag” in their relationship. They thought that they could change the other person, but in reality they can’t. They go ahead and get married and have a baby and then realize that they don’t love each other, and someone walks out of the marriage. The precious baby will always wonder why they can’t have a normal family like everyone else.

I know that feeling because I come from a broken family. I always wonder what my life would have been like if I got to see my dad regularly instead of once every four years. I fear the day my dad dies because I’ll be at his funeral and I’ll have nothing to say because I don’t know him.

So what I am trying to say is to take it slow and enjoy dating. There is no rush to have a baby. There will be time when you have found Mr. Right, your home is stable, and you are ready. Give your baby the best life you can give. Beware of the “red flags” and get out if you see them.

-Dominique, a student in Ms. Morales's class.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for being real and sharing your personal story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dominique,
    You are such a wise child with a good mother. Seeing how you express yourself is mind blowing. Your mind see's all angles not just the presant but also the future at is just a get trait to have. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are amazing, your so mature I love listioning to what you have to say in class and out! keep it up.

    ReplyDelete