Monday, October 4, 2010

Walk In Your Beauty

Kristi Morales is a Bible teacher at Master's Academy who is using Jody's Christian Charm Course for Girls in her all girls Bible class this year. She expressed her appreciation for the book and agreed to contribute her thoughts on the lives of her girls and her Bible class throughout the school year.
 
I began the girl’s charm class with the discussion of the meaning of beauty. We talked about how a woman’s beauty is a reflection of God’s beauty. God’s beauty comforts, inspires, brings peace, and lets us know that all is well. When a woman walks in the beauty God has given her, she fills a place in our world that only a woman can fill. When you have spent time with a woman who walks in her beauty, you will be at peace and feel positive about yourself. You will leave her presence feeling better than when you first came to her.

Unfortunately, we have an enemy that does not want a woman to walk in her beauty because she reflects the beauty of God. That is why a woman is attacked in her self-esteem. If she does not feel good about herself, she will try to hide herself, get angry and lash out, or become so self-absorbed that she does not see the needs of others. For whatever reason, she stops walking in beauty.

As I spoke to the girls about this topic, one of the girls began to cry. She expressed to us through her tears that some of her friends had started to leave her out and talk about her behind her back. She was experiencing firsthand what happens when girls decide not to walk in their beauty: others get hurt.

During another class together, a different girl began to cry. She opened up about how the class had been a comfort to her because she had been feeling very down on herself due to negative words that had been spoken to her from people close to her. Others have expressed similar experiences, and many suffer in silence.

What I saw were broken young ladies who had forgotten that they are beautiful. What I witnessed was a classroom of young women who chose to walk in their beauty as they gathered around those hurting girls to pray and express to them the value they really hold. That is walking in beauty. 

So, women of God...How do people feel when they leave your presence? Do they leave bruised and cut from your responses and insecurities? Do they not receive what they need because you are too afraid to be seen or too absorbed in your own self? Or do they feel comfort, peace, and inspiration to walk in their own beauty? Do they feel better for having been in your presence?

I encourage you...Walk In Your Beauty Today.
Kristi Morales

3 comments:

  1. Word of wisdom. Your girls are blessed to have you as their teacher.

    Your friend,
    David Fell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Morales.
    I am so blessed to have you as a teacher. I love you so much, and I am so glad you are my teacher!!!!!! My words can't express how much your bible charm class has helped me. So I thank you from the buttom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This class is Everything to me it has helped me in so many ways. And alot of the girls are walking in thier beauty. One of the girls has humbled me just because of steping up and talking to me and not being afraid of what she said.
    I am also verry blessed to have Ms. Morales as my teacher she has brought out some things in me that shoulda come out years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete